What if the Regular Season of the NBA ended Today?
As it is shown in the NBA official website the Playoffs would be aligned as follows:
(1) MIAMI (1H/2A) vs. (8) Boston
(Miami leads 1-0)
(2) NEW YORK (1H) vs. (7) Brooklyn
(New York leads 2-1)
(3) ATLANTA (1H/1A) vs. (6) Chicago
(Atlanta leads 1-0)
(4) INDIANA (2H) vs. (5) Milwaukee
(Milwaukee leads 2-0)
(1) LOS ANGELES (2H/1A) vs. (8) Portland
(Los Angeles leads 1-0)
(2) OKLAHOMA CITY (2H/2A) vs. (7) Denver
(Series tied 0-0)
(3) SAN ANTONIO (1H/1A) vs. (6) Houston
(San Antonio leads 2-0)
(4) MEMPHIS (1H/1A) vs. (5) Golden State
(Memphis leads 1-0)
Above records are for the season series between the two teams”
For now the team of the moment are the LA Clippers. They are on a winning streak of 15 games and have the better victory percentage (79.3%).
On the other side of the coin, Charlotte Bobcats from the Eastern Conference are on a losing streak of 16 games. When they started this disastrous streak they had 7 wins and 5 losses!
Curiously both teams are on the Hall of NBA’s worst records: The Clippers recorded 12-70 (14.6%) in the 1986/1987 season and the Bobcats 7-59 (10.6%) last season. These two records are, respectively the 3rd and worst winning percentages ever. Philadelphia 76ers have the 2nd worst record: 9-73 (11%) in 1972-1973.
Of course that the season is still going and until next April 17th a lot could happen!